Christi Joyce
Christi Joyce
  • Bellingham, WA

Thank you Hometalkers!

I know this has been done a thousand times (or more) but until I saw it here, I wouldn't have tried this myself. This is a practice run for my great-grandmother's bed frame that I will turn into a bench in the future.
I picked this up at a thrift store to be my practice model.
Since it is a full size, I shortened the footboard pieces by 4" each when I cut the footboard in half.  A little exterior paint, a bit of sanding, and a clear coat to preserve it.  All paint was left over from our home.
Since it is a full size, I shortened the footboard pieces by 4" each when I cut the footboard in half. A little exterior paint, a bit of sanding, and a clear coat to preserve it. All paint was left over from our home.

• Jerry Toombs

My first "beddybench" , was finished a couple weeks ago. First visitor we had LOVED IT!!! so, I have it to her. :) I'm happier than she is that she is so happy.

• Ginny Young

Absolutely a brilliant idea..I have to do this for my porch! Been wanting a swing with awning over head but this bench absolutely takes the cake and repurposing and saving is always a super idea in my book!!! WONDERFUL JOB!!!