Louise
Louise

A neighbor has put a piece of granite outside to toss out, so I'm

LouiseSherrieKimberly C
+4

going to bring it home. I'm having a vanity put into my very small bathroom and if it's possible, I want to get the granite cut to fit it. The size is ample. Does anyone know who to call in Atlanta, preferably Gwinnett County, to cut it? Will this be expensive to have cut?
  • louise, I cannot help you with who, but as far as expense. It should not be to bad, unless your looking for a really fancy edge. Normal half round edges are pretty inexpensive. While the more fancy ones that take several passes of the machine to make them begin to get quite expensive. I have seen some edges costing as much as $12 per foot and have heard of prices going higher then that. The cutting to size however is not all that much money.

• KMS Woodworks

Ask your neighbor. It sounds like he is having some new granite installed. If so the installer could cut the other piece as well.

• Louise

Wellll, wish that were true, but the resident of this house is quite a slob and this piece of granite has been sitting by the side of his driveway for close to a year. :-(

• C&K Custom Remodeling

Call granite suppliers in your area and ask them for a couple for referrals for granite fabricators. You can then take them the slab and they will come measure, cut, and install.

• Kimberly C

Yeah for neighbors! I had neighbors put out perfectly good storage cabinets which I snagged and used for craft storage (I asked of course).

• Sherrie

We have a company that sales rough piece of granite at a discount. We picked a piece and had them cut it, and hope I am saying this right polish the edges. We have also cut pieces that aren't to thick with a tile saw with a diamond blade. I would take it to a company and have them do it, looks professional.

• Louise

Kimberly C, I had a neighbor who put out several things when she moved and I got a couple of things to re-purpose. One was a sturdy desk that I'm going to make into a TV stand. I plan to post the before and after when it's done. I saw a similar one online so when I saw her castoffs, I immediately knew it would work for me. LOVE freebies that turn into something nice.