Asked on Feb 20, 2016

Repurpose standard size bed pillows

BethTeresaDORLIS
+4

I have accumulated some bed pillows I no longer want to use. Is there some way to repurpose them? I know they will just be thrown out if I try to give them away or donate them.
  • Mackiehagood
    Mackiehagood

You can cut them in half re-sew the ends and cover to make throw pillows.

• Sarah
    Sarah

If you have kids or grandkids..you can sew 3 or 4 pillow cases together along the long sides. Use the pillows inside them for overnight sleeping on the floor or watching TV on the floor. I bought material and made a large rectangle sack. After turning right side out.. sewed channels to seperate the pillows Made them for friends kids for Christmas using fabric that was from their favorite TV show or cartoon.( instead of buying pillow cases) They were a huge hit. Something you can take on vacation as well. Fold up one pillow and it becoms a back rest while lounging on the floor

• Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit

Before you do anything with them, first wash and bleach them really well.

• Sarah
    Sarah

I've cleaned mine then rolled them up (one at a time) and sewed the length. I made covers out of scrap fabric, so I can change anytime. Now I have bolsters for my bed, sofa, and chairs.

• DORLIS
    DORLIS

I am short and these would be great for deep sofas and chairs

• Teresa
    Teresa

Your local animal shelter could possibly use them.

• Beth
    Beth

love the animal shelter idea .... animals are frequently overlooked