Terri J
Terri J
  • Annapolis, MD
Asked on Feb 22, 2012

What can I use on a shirt to get ink stains out of it? I think I remember using hair spary one time.

Terri JMelissa W3po3
+2

• Yup, hair spray should do the trick. Use a lot of it so that it soaks through the fabric, let it sit for a few minutes and then throw it in the wash.

• Terri J

I sprayed it w/ aerosol hair spray, but still need to throw it in the wash. I had to leave for a while, just got home and am exhasted.

• 3po3

Terri, if that doesn't work, try nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol. I haven't tried either one personally, but I have heard they both work.

• Melissa W

Hairspray has worked for me when I got ink all over a white skirt. Really saturate the stain and blot, don't rub, with a white cloth. It may take a few repeats. Once ink is gone, launder as usual, but I use cold water.

• Terri J

Exactly what I did do, and I have to get it out of the wshing machine now, and check it. Thanks