1960s Octagon End Table Makeover- Pet Bed in Process

$10
1.5 Hours

I was hoping to find one of these gems (meaning ugly) at the Goodwill, and finally got it. It was marked down 6 times and I landed it for $1.97!!
Rough looking
I just sanded the top lightly. I normally sand, prime, paint, stain all the furniture. But I wanted this to be a quick project.
Top was a little rough, but not warped.
I probably could change the handles, but decided to keep them. Im cheap. Lol
I already had the Rose Gold paint from the lampshade project. Well...it is for animals...so I didnt think they would mind a little posh look.
Love valspar! At Lowes.
I wrestled with the top color. I originally wanted black. Daughter wanted white ( I immediately thought of paw prints).... So while at Lowes, I saw the hammered paint.
Sprayed the fixtures.
Debating on leaving door on and just opening etc.. Daughter says take off. I still have to do the inside. I literally had this all done in about an hour. It dried so fast. Top got extra coats and tomorrow will get a coat of polyurethane. Inside prior to painting. The door is proving difficult to remove without damaging. So I will probably leave on and put a little shim in there to hold open
Wish you could see how cool the top looks. Maybe in the light. Anyway, this is not a color I would normally choose for myself, but it will eventually go to my daughters apartment.
Wanted to get this in the sunshine so you could see the top a little better
Started spraying the inside. My nose hairs are stuck together. Yes...I SHOULD HAVE HAD ON A MASK. Had to take a break and will finish later.
Light coat sprayed on top.
Still in process. I will be cutting an octagon carpet and placing it in there with a blanky.

• Jackie

Is this a dog house?

• Tyrondia Evillady Williams

HI AWESOME JOB. BEFORE PAINTING WITH THE ROSE GOLD DID YOU USE PRIMER? I HAVE TO SAME PROJECT IN MIND BUT BEEN PROCRASTINATING , WASN'T SURE BEFORE USING SPRAY PANT IF I SHOULD USE PRIMER.

• Awi1069098

I lovet this idea!! I have one I want to transform, but mine has glass top is opened on bottom. Any suggestions?? Please
    , Any suggestions for a redo with glass top really like the dog bed idea But open for any suggestions
    • Sandy Z.

You could use tension rods in the openings and make curtains. I would leave one open for easy access. A matching bed inside would look cute. Have fun and good luck. Sandy

• Bonnie

you did a beautiful job I want to paint my dining room table and buffet with metallic paint..hmmm wonder what my husband will think

• Thea

Kudos to you for updating a very difficult style