AA Marble & Granite, LLC
AA Marble & Granite, LLC
  • Norcross, GA
Asked on Feb 22, 2012

Is your granite sealed properly?

3po3AA Marble & Granite, LLC

You know your granite sealer is good when you pour 1/8 cup of water and it pills up. If the water spreads out in a puddle....it's time to seal your granite. Premium Granite that is resin infused from the quarry will be protected for a very long time.
  • 3po3

I've never heard this before. Can you clarify what you should be looking for when you pour the water?

• AA Marble & Granite, LLC

Focusing on a few drops, the water will 'pill-up' looking something like this ( ), (similar to Rain-X) as opposed to running outward like this ) (. Mostly visible along the outside edges. As a sink fills it creates a concave shape '(', as it leaves creates a convex shape ')'.

• 3po3

Ah, thanks for the response. I gotcha now. I don't have granite counters, but may someday after I win the lottery and pay for about 80 other projects on my list. I was also just curious because there is so much discussion of granite sealing around here.