Mid Century Modern Dresser Makeover

I am SO excited about this dresser makeover! I had been looking for a MCM dresser for a long time and was thrilled when I finally spotted one at Goodwill for $15.00. It was clean, in good condition and came from a smoke free house. It was a win, win win!
The top did have some damage and deep scratches, so my plan was to refinish the entire dresser in a deeper, richer stain.
I removed all the hardware and got to work removing the finish with furniture refinisher. After I thought I had all the clear coat removed, I gave the entire piece a good sanding then tested a spot with stain. It was a total fail! The stain only absorbed in a few spots and it was super blotchy.
Refusing to throw in the towel I then tried citrisstrip and mineral spirits before trying again. After the same thing happened I realized it was time for plan B.
I ended up giving the entire dresser 3 coats of white chalk paint and love, love, LOVE how it turned out.
I kept the original hardware and updated the feet with antique wax, Rub 'n Buff and dark gray metallic paint to mimic the beautiful patina of the knobs and pulls.
The drawers received a nice surprise with beautiful black and white houndstooth wrapping paper.
The dresser will find a permeant home in our basement where it will be used to store family games.
For more product information and a step by step tutorial, head over to www.littlehouseoffour.com!

Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Katie @ Little House of Four