Mid Century Modern Dresser Makeover

I am SO excited about this dresser makeover! I had been looking for a MCM dresser for a long time and was thrilled when I finally spotted one at Goodwill for $15.00. It was clean, in good condition and came from a smoke free house. It was a win, win win!
The top did have some damage and deep scratches, so my plan was to refinish the entire dresser in a deeper, richer stain.
I removed all the hardware and got to work removing the finish with furniture refinisher. After I thought I had all the clear coat removed, I gave the entire piece a good sanding then tested a spot with stain. It was a total fail! The stain only absorbed in a few spots and it was super blotchy.
Refusing to throw in the towel I then tried citrisstrip and mineral spirits before trying again. After the same thing happened I realized it was time for plan B.
I ended up giving the entire dresser 3 coats of white chalk paint and love, love, LOVE how it turned out.
I kept the original hardware and updated the feet with antique wax, Rub 'n Buff and dark gray metallic paint to mimic the beautiful patina of the knobs and pulls.
The drawers received a nice surprise with beautiful black and white houndstooth wrapping paper.
The dresser will find a permeant home in our basement where it will be used to store family games.
For more product information and a step by step tutorial, head over to www.littlehouseoffour.com!

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Katie @ Little House of Four