Jovanna
Jovanna
  • Columbia, SC

Home makeover

$5000.00
1 Month
Advanced

I want to share one of the biggest project I've done in my entire life. Sick of paying high rent and looking to save some money, we found a mobile home that was on sale for only $1,000. Yes, a thousand. Anyways, my hubby took me to look at it and my first thought was: " I will never live there, I don't think there's much we can do with it" Well my husband saw something that I didn't see. He said he felt like we could do some work to it and make it work. Sooo... We decided to take the challenge. It was close to tax time, so it was the perfect time to do it. I wanted to share some pictures. This is my humbled home and I don't complaint nor regret the choice we made by buying it. We paid $1000.00 for it and spent about $4000.00 fixing everything. I think that was a great deal because with a budget of $5000 we were able to buy, appliances (brand new), the floor (for the whole mobile home),walls, ceiling, lamps, everything in the bathroom is new, paint and everything. I bought everything from Lowes.
Bathroom--Before 
When I saw this I almost threw up.
Bathroom--Before When I saw this I almost threw up.
One of the rooms
One of the rooms
Living Room--Before. Well we had started working already, but I don't have another before picture.
Kitchen--Before
Kitchen--Before
Still working on bathroom
Still working on bathroom
Bathroom--After
Bathroom--After
Living Room-After
Living Room-After
Living Room--After
Living Room--After
home makeover, diy renovations projects, remodeling, urban living
Kitchen--After
Kitchen--After
Room--After
Room--After

• Earl

My wife and I are thinking of doing something similar. Our trailer looks similar to your bathroom before shot, lol. Some floors are missing and walls are broken, etc. Did you guys replace any of the truses/ sub-flooring? What about insulation in the walls? Did you do new vinyl on the outside?

• Jkendall

What you did for the amount of money and time invested is INCREDIBLE. So happy that you are rent free!