DIY Tribal Key Bowl From Thrifted Bowl

Have you come across countless wooden bowls thrifting? Or perhaps you have some wooden bowls laying around your home. You can update those bowls to have a global look with one nifty tool!
I love to repurpose and upcycle items I have in my home, or things found during my numerous thrift store shopping trips. A blogger friend of mine, Jess of Domicile 37, gifted me a set of bowls she found thrifting. I gave these bowls a new global look inspired by the popular mud cloth patterns seen in designer looks.
The bowl had plenty of scratches which made it the perfect piece to try out my new engraving pen. Head over to my blog to see more of this nifty engraving pen and engraving projects.
Be sure to clean the bowl before you start. Then have fun engraving the bowl once you have an idea of what type of pattern you'd like to make.
I started by making a "Z" pattern which I later alternated with a triangle. Just below this pattern, I made one long line that swirled around the remaining portion of the bowl. To finish, I placed a dot above each of the Zs.
In the inside of the bowl, I engraved the word "KEYS." I absolutely love this little bowl and have it sitting on my entryway shelf.
Whether you love a global style to your home, or love a traditional style designing your own personalized key bowl can be accomplished in a matter of minutes! Click the link below to head over to my blog for quick stop to get your own engraving tool (for a fantastic price!) and check out more engraved projects!

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Ava

SO COOL

• Karen Boyd

Great Idea. I love decorated, but not painted wood. I am going to keep my eyes open for some bowls. It is great and functional just the way it is. However, here are a couple of my suggestions since I tend to be a perfectionist. Use some painters' tape to make the side decor straighter and the letters inside the same size. Still, I would use it just the way it is and love