#FixerUpperStyle DIY Bathroom Vanity

$225

Project a retro bathroom vanity into something even Jo Anna Gaines would be proud of! With some elbow grease, creativity, and little time- this project completely transformed a bathroom! **I flip ugly houses and tackle many of the DIY projects myself-- come follow along at my blog, The Bachelorette Pad Flip: https://bachelorettepadflip.wordpress.com/
The puke green bathroom...GROSS!
In this house flip, the master bathroom was AWFUL. Like puke green awful. Puke green stained cabinets, puke greenish yellow marble top, puke green toilet, and that wallpaper! Oh my....it was awful!
Goodbye puke green marble!
My first step was to remove the hideous marble countertop.
The next step involves cutting plywood. And you might have to call your dad and your uncle to do the cutting if you don't own a saw. Or maybe that's just me.
Next, I cut the plywood down to size. I measured how much I wanted it to overhang from the cabinet edge. I used liquid nails to attach it to the cabinet.
After the plywood, I cut the cement backer board to the plywood. I used the cut plywood as a template and traced around it to get the exact size.
I chose mesh tile squares that measure 12x12. Any type of mesh tile could be used- there are so many textures, colors, and styles that it could dramatically change the appearance. Prior to adhering the tiles, I used a diamond drill bit to drill holes for the faucet and drain. Then I used Mastic to adhere the tile to the backerboard.
Prior to attaching the sink and faucet, grout the tile after it's dried. I used a vessel sink and faucet. I liked the modern, almost farmhouse style of this vessel sink.
Paint makes such a difference!
My next step was to paint the cabinets and add new hardware. With the countertop almost done, paint, and new hardware, it was already looking so much better!
The finished (improved) product
Final touches included adding an enlarged backsplash, trimming the edges, painting the walls, adding a new, & unique mirror. To see a more detailed version of this post, please visit my blog!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Gal2113832
    Gal2113832

Do you like the function of the new sink? My husband and I are both tall with back problems. I wondered if this type of sink would give us more height and help keep us from bending so far down.

• TLC
      TLC

Quite a bit of height. I have the same sink having used a dresser adding longer legs as well.

• Etoile Aloha
    Etoile Aloha

could you share in more detail how you got the top of the vanity off? I am thinking of doing something like this. Thanks!

• Lisa van
    Lisa van

Hey there. How did you cover the edges? Did you use some kind of bulldoze style edging tile?