Pallet Wood Wall Mount Silverware Holder

$0

Got no drawers like us? Nowhere to store your silverware? Make a wall mount holder for free!

A pallet wood wall mount silverware holder? Yep. See, we have zero drawers in our kitchen. Yeah, zero. We bought a cart thing but, and no offense, I can't stand it -- it won't hold even a small silverware tray in its tiny "drawers" that don't open all the way.

So, tired of having our silverware sitting out on top of the cart for over two years, I hit my pallet wood stash and made a wall mount holder. I started by cutting a pile of slats to 4".

Because I wanted the faces to be fastener-free, I used Gorilla glue to hold the fronts. Tip? Wet your wood surfaces first for better gripping power.

After the boxes dried, I cut pieces for the bottom, glued and screwed those together. To see all the details about this project along with a slew of other fun stuff, drop by my blog at Flipping the Flip, humboldtartdept.blogspot.com!

Here I did something that may seem weird. I glued two longer slats together end to end using some makeshift patches. I could have attached all the boxes to one longer slat but felt it would go in a different direction stylistically. I wanted a modern look so....well, you'll see in a second.

Once that set, I attached the boxes from behind. Be sure to pilot drill all your holes first otherwise the wood may split.

After all the assembly, it was time to mount it on the wall. I thought the longer end and offset boxes look would lean more modern, and in my eyes it does.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about this whole contraption in general (maybe it'd be better as a planter!), at least the silverware is no longer sitting on the cart.

Be sure to click the link below to read more about this project!

Becky at Flipping the Flip