You want your own island?? Make one! DIY Kitchen island.

I needed an kitchen island desperately as I love to cook. So I made one by buying two prefab cabinets that matched my already existing kitchen (or think outside the box and go with a different color). One cabinet was a two door/two drawer cabinet, the other a one door one drawer. I clamped them together and bolted them together from the inside. Then I bought dry erase board in white to cover the back of the island , I glued it with construction glue after cutting it to measurement. (My son loved to practice his spelling words on it and draw when he was little). Next I bought some corner molding and painted it white to seal the corners of the island for a finished look. (The granite was not my doing- had a company do it- but before I got granite I went to a Corian place and had a counter top made for my island in the measurements I wanted). I made sure when they cut the granite they gave me enough of a ledge for stools if I wanted in the future.
**I have since remodeled the kitchen again, and am now going to tackle the re-surfacing of it.**
you want your own island make one diy kitchen island, diy, home decor, how to, kitchen design, kitchen island, New Kitchen Island
New Kitchen Island
you want your own island make one diy kitchen island, diy, home decor, how to, kitchen design, kitchen island, New Kitchen Island the backing is Dry Erase Board
New Kitchen Island- the backing is Dry Erase Board!!
New Kitchen Island
New Kitchen Island
you want your own island make one diy kitchen island, diy, home decor, how to, kitchen design, kitchen island, BEFORE Kitchen Island NO ISLAND Unhappy cook
BEFORE Kitchen Island- NO ISLAND!!! Unhappy cook!
you want your own island make one diy kitchen island, diy, home decor, how to, kitchen design, kitchen island, AFTER kitchen Island HAPPY Cook Do not know how I cooked without it since this picture the kitchen has gone another transformation and am looking to resurface the cabinets soon
AFTER kitchen Island- HAPPY Cook! Do not know how I cooked without it! (since this picture, the kitchen has gone another transformation and am looking to resurface the cabinets soon)

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 31 comments
Next