Painting Wood Blinds!

$12.00

Oh yes we did! I started a ginormous DIY project in our old house and promised The Husband I'd do it on a shoestring budget.As you know necessity is the mother of either invention or stupid ideas! :)
Either way, painting our wood blinds was one of the ways I got a big bang for our buck! This project isn't hard it's just takes time-so if you have more time than money and want to update your windows...this may work for you!
These windows are floor to ceiling & when I remodeled the den using a light and airy design the dark wood blinds didn't work. My remodel budget was next to nothing so I had to do something drastic! I repainted those dark blinds!
To take out the slats you simply remove the knot at the bottom of the blinds that hold the slats together. Then slip string out...the string runs through every slat from top to bottom (each slat has 2 ) Now, remove the slats.
We set up a table with all the slats lined up-painted one side-let dry-paint other side. When dry, thread the slats into their "hammocks" & thread the strings back through the slits in the slats and tie off at the bottom!
Big bang for our buck! We have since moved but still own that house and those blinds are still up and look as good as they did the first day we painted them!

All Things Heart and Home

• Mae Hawkins

Thank you for this!!! Moved in our house a year ago, and the blinds are yellowed. Didn't want to buy new, so this is definitely the resolution for me!
  • Joanie

I would paint the strings also. Try anything once.....my blinds are oldies.