Painting Wood Blinds!

$12.00

Oh yes we did! I started a ginormous DIY project in our old house and promised The Husband I'd do it on a shoestring budget.As you know necessity is the mother of either invention or stupid ideas! :)
Either way, painting our wood blinds was one of the ways I got a big bang for our buck! This project isn't hard it's just takes time-so if you have more time than money and want to update your windows...this may work for you!
These windows are floor to ceiling & when I remodeled the den using a light and airy design the dark wood blinds didn't work. My remodel budget was next to nothing so I had to do something drastic! I repainted those dark blinds!
To take out the slats you simply remove the knot at the bottom of the blinds that hold the slats together. Then slip string out...the string runs through every slat from top to bottom (each slat has 2 ) Now, remove the slats.
We set up a table with all the slats lined up-painted one side-let dry-paint other side. When dry, thread the slats into their "hammocks" & thread the strings back through the slits in the slats and tie off at the bottom!
Big bang for our buck! We have since moved but still own that house and those blinds are still up and look as good as they did the first day we painted them!

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
All Things Heart and Home

• Linda

Iv been wanting to do this for a while i have dark wood blinds and i wanted to paint them but i never could fathom out how to undo string but looking at the single string that goes through yes how stupid is i thank you can't wait to get started but now its finding what paint works

• Hazel