RV Remodel on a Budget - Floor Update

$40.00

We gave our little pop-up camper a brand new floor! It took a little money and time and now we have a "new" camper! Come see how we did it with full details over on our blog!
We went from the 80s to 2013 in just about 5 hours.  It actually took a lot longer than we expected, but it was well worth it.
Next we used a mixture of vinegar, original dawn dish soap and water to clean the floor before we started applying the new flooring.  Mix 2 cups warm water, 1 cup vinegar and 1 teaspoon of original dawn dish soap.  Let the floor dry well before starting your installation.
We chose to stagger the tiles to give it a more natural look.  This caused the job to take much longer due to the fact of having to measure and cut tiles and make sure the butted lines were not all going to end up exactly the same.  Also, as I've said before, my honey is a perfectionist and it HAS to be perfect!  I love that about him!
My honey finished off the floor by installing some trim around the floor/walls to complete our little RV floor update.  Now we are contemplating recovering the seat cushions.....what do you think?

Thanks for looking!

• Peel and Stick Tile  (Lowes)
  • Vinegar  (Grocery Store)
  • Blue Dawn Dish Soap  (Walmart)

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
DeeDee

• Sherri-Lynn Gilkes Clancy

Sorry, don't know if I missed it in yours post. The mixture to prepare the floor, what was the proportions? Was it 1/2 cup distilled water to 1 Tbsp Dawn? Your floor looks great and I would like to do mine. Just don't want it peeling up on me. Thank you

• DeeDee

Hi there! If you visit the post on my blog, it gives every detail, but mix 2 cups warm water, 1 cup vinegar and 1 teaspoon of original dawn dish soap. Thanks for the sweet words and good luck!