DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

RV Remodel on a Budget - Floor Update

$40.00

We gave our little pop-up camper a brand new floor! It took a little money and time and now we have a "new" camper! Come see how we did it with full details over on our blog!
rv remodel on a budget floor update, flooring, home improvement, We went from the 80s to 2013 with a few boxes of peel and stick tiles
We went from the 80s to 2013 in just about 5 hours.  It actually took a lot longer than we expected, but it was well worth it.
rv remodel on a budget floor update, flooring, home improvement, We used a simple cleaning solution to prep our old floor before laying the new tiles
Next we used a mixture of vinegar, original dawn dish soap and water to clean the floor before we started applying the new flooring.  Mix 2 cups warm water, 1 cup vinegar and 1 teaspoon of original dawn dish soap.  Let the floor dry well before starting your installation.
rv remodel on a budget floor update, flooring, home improvement, We used a staggered look to lay the new tiles Very time consuming but worth it
We chose to stagger the tiles to give it a more natural look.  This caused the job to take much longer due to the fact of having to measure and cut tiles and make sure the butted lines were not all going to end up exactly the same.  Also, as I've said before, my honey is a perfectionist and it HAS to be perfect!  I love that about him!
rv remodel on a budget floor update, flooring, home improvement, The final look that we love
My honey finished off the floor by installing some trim around the floor/walls to complete our little RV floor update.  Now we are contemplating recovering the seat cushions.....what do you think?

Thanks for looking!

• Peel and Stick Tile  (Lowes)
  • Vinegar  (Grocery Store)
  • Blue Dawn Dish Soap  (Walmart)
DeeDee

• Sherri-Lynn Gilkes Clancy

Sorry, don't know if I missed it in yours post. The mixture to prepare the floor, what was the proportions? Was it 1/2 cup distilled water to 1 Tbsp Dawn? Your floor looks great and I would like to do mine. Just don't want it peeling up on me. Thank you

• DeeDee

Hi there! If you visit the post on my blog, it gives every detail, but mix 2 cups warm water, 1 cup vinegar and 1 teaspoon of original dawn dish soap. Thanks for the sweet words and good luck!