Unique Way to Display Photos in a DIY Picture Frame

$5

Adding important and meaningful photos to your home is one way to add a personal touch to your decor. This farmhouse industrial style DIY frame allows you to display those photos in a unique way and makes it easy to change the photographs on a regular basis.
I picked up an old frame from the thrift store and new I wanted to turn it into some kind of message center. Rather than the chicken wire I've seen other people use, I decided to put hardware cloth on the back of my frame. It was left over from a Joanna Gaines Inspired Dutch Tulip crate that I had made months ago on my blog. You've got to use up the supplies you've purchased, right?
The frame was a little dingy but once sanded, the beautiful natural wood showed through. The hardware cloth was stapled onto the back of the frame.
The longer I worked on the project the more that I realized that this "message center" could also serve as a really special place to display my treasured family photographs. Since this frame is long and skinny it provides the space to hang three different pictures vertically down the frame.
Each image is hung from the hardware cloth with a tiny wood clothespin. This makes it easy to switch out the pictures that are being displayed.
Right now, I've chosen to display baby picture of my mom, her parents, and her dad's parents. In one single frame, I am able to see a glimpse of three generations of my family.
You can see the complete tutorial and find the sources for the supplies used in this project using the link below.
What unique ways have you found to display meaningful pictures in your home?

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Jamie

• Lynne Johnson
    Lynne Johnson

Where did you get the hardware cloth? I've used chicken wire, but this seems more stable.

• Patty V. Y
      Patty V. Y

LOL I actually just bought my 1st roll of this last week, and never knew then it was called hardware cloth. and love seing this post as I am finally going to make one. Thanks for posting.

I bought mine at Home Depot as mentioned above, and found mine in the back of the store by cement, concrete reinforcements etc. I purchased (1/4 in mesh) x 2 ft x 5 ft 23 Gauge Galvanized Steel @ $9.98 roll

I bought mine to place in a long cabinet door without glass, just like the one shown on Mkt Plc with other cabinet doors. Mine will be as shown here and be on the side of a craft cabinet, recently purchased on Mkt Plc for my craft storage.

For the fun of crafting and DIY

• Lynn Butler
    Lynn Butler

What is hardware cloth?

• Betty Gibbs
      Betty Gibbs

Thanks! I thought my eyes were deceiving me because I still saw a wire material. 😊