Reclaimed French Doors on Rolling Door Hardware #FixerUpperStyle

Do you ever pick up something off of the side of the road without really having a plan for it but KNOWING you just can't pass it by? That is exactly what happened to me when I saw these two beautiful French doors one night while walking my dog in our neighborhood in Key West, FL.
There wasn't one broken glass pane in them and they were this perfectly cute 24" wide size that I just knew needed to find a home in our Key West Conch style house renovation.
We turned an awkward, tiny "3rd bedroom" into the master bathroom of our dreams (you can see all of those details here, http://thespacebetweenblog.net/rustic-bathroom/) and in doing so we relocated a wall that ended up leaving a crazy little angle where the entrance to the bedroom met that entrance to the new master bathroom/closet combo.
This is what the area looked like before. The door on the left is the old "master" bathroom, the open door on the right leads into the old 3rd bedroom and the closed door along the wall on the right is the entrance to the master bedroom. We eliminated the need for the door on the far left by changing the angle of the wall to enclose both the closet and the bathroom and improve the flow in the space.
With all of the walls painted white the addition of the French doors, painted a fun aqua color and hung on the rolling door hardware really added a lot of charm, not to mention function, to the updated space.

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
The Space Between

• 27524803
    27524803

Vintage doors are great for this and if you shop the big box home improvement stores online you can find clearance doors some times really cheap (we found doors similar to this in 24in, 30in, and 32 in for $25-$40) We bought 6 doors for an average of $30. We also found the track hardware on Ebay for less than $75 (5-6 foot) with free shipping
  • Ida9464
    Ida9464

❤️ 💕 love! Looks awesome! I want to do a very lightweight “door” for rv bedroom(must be incredible lightweight and ahavent checked out so called stud situation as of yet) but this is a great idea😬thx!