Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

DIY Project ~ Mother's Day Fairy Garden

$20

Just in time for a Mother's Day project, I found a cracked birdbath sitting in a neighbor's curbside trash. I have been saving little bits of things to make some fairy gardens and this just plopped into my lap (actually the front passenger seat of my car).
Although it looks more extensive, this project took just forty-five minutes to put together, not including the heaving and hauling of the very heavy concrete birdbath to and from the car!
See the complete directions at http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-mothers-day-fairy-garden/

Mother's Day Fairy Garden
Mother's Day Fairy Garden
Tulip Fairy amidst the wooly thyme, lemon thyme, sedums "Coral Carpet" and "Larinem Park" and Armeria "Morning Star White"
Tulip Fairy in her birdbath garden.
Tulip Fairy in her birdbath garden.
Here's another! Clearance concrete pot for $1, two little houses from a yard sale for $1 and plants from the yard!
Barb Rosen

• Barb Rosen

Thanks, @Francine Nault ! I'll be looking forward to seeing your "new" flower bed plantings!

• Drought Smart Plants

@Francine Nault I recommend hardy succulents for your garden - I grow a ton of Sempervivum, and Sedum and I'm also in Zone 5. they do really well. @Barb Rosen So sorry to take your thread off topic! Loving the fairies and their lovely gardens...