Upcycled Gnome Garden

Spring is coming! Whoop Whoop, let's celebrate. How about we build a gnome garden. That's springy right? And it has gnomes. Who doesn't love gnomes?
upcycled gnome garden, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I set out to make a gnome garden table for my patio for my family to enjoy all summer long.
I started with a basic bar stool
and built a very simple box from scrap wood. I attached the box to the bar stool legs.
The full detailed tutorial is on the blog post at http://paintyourselfasmile.com the link to the post is at the bottom of this page.
The gnome garden table for my patio was really easy and it came out great. The kids love it. But if you are wondering why my gnome garden had to be elevated to table height, I will give you a little hint...
The garden is so much fun and best of all, it is dog proof! We were able to upcycle items we already had so the structure basically cost us $0. And it worked well on our patio all summer long. check out the blog post for more details on this story and lots more pictures. Link below
Paint Yourself a Smile

• Jewell Martin

I love your ideas, and the raised garden is a great idea. My little granddaughters like fairies and think gnomes are scary, but they like little houses, too, so I want to make fairy homes. How did you decide which plants to use in your garden? How did you protect it from bad weather? And have you upcycled the stool and garden to something else by now?

• Jewell Martin

Brenda, I live in Mesquite, so we are basically neighbors, so I'll follow the succulent idea. Jennifer, you answer was complete, articulate, informative, and friendly. I haven't built a little village since I was a child and I made beds out of matchboxes and wove blades of grass for rugs. I'm sure your children are learning responsibility and the rewards of doing a job well. Thank you, ladies!

• Deb4911360

How big is your box ? Im doing one too, but with fairys.

• Hildegarde

This is a very good idea - it keeps one's imagination working. What beautiful dogs you have, their eyes are so alive. Doesn't the bigger one reach into the miniature garden?

• Paint Yourself a Smile

Thank you! No the big one is very passive and for the most part stays out of trouble. We would be in trouble around here if I had two like the little brown one! Have a great day Hildegarde

• Marc Erick
    Yesterday

Super cute!!! Are you still doing this? I just finished a gnome garden which I built into my entertainment stand and it keeps evolving!