Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR
Asked on Feb 26, 2012

Help!!! microfiber burned onto my pot!

Michelle Watson MooreBernice H3po3
+14

Ok, it has been one of those days, for some reason I put my stainless pot on top of a microfiber cloth, and it melted onto the bottom! Yes, it was very hot! I pulled most of it off, but some is still on there. So before I do some more damage and effort, does anyone have a helpful hint on an easier removal? Help! I am sooo embarrassed!
  • 3po3

Do you have a larger pot you could submerge this one in? I have removed plastic from other surfaces by essentially boiling the other surface in water with some baking soda sprinkled in. It should come off fairly easily.

• Miriam I

I've heard of using fabric softener to clean burnt pots. Don;t try this until someone else weighs in on whether or not that is a good idea. Anyone?

• I finally got a new crock pot, & what did I do? I got it too close to the bread bag & it melted an UGLY spot on the stainless steel. I used Goo Gone and a razor blade and it is as good as new.

• Terri J

I was going to suggest the same thing as Lee Anne. Goo Gone is a wonderful product. I used it when bread was placed ontop of my toaster oven, and the plastic melted all over it. Just let it soak on for a couple of minutes and scrubbed it right off.

• KMS Woodworks

Razor blade or steel wool as a "scrubbie" since it is on the bottom the "finish quality" is not as important.

• Bernice H

Hooray...LeAnn..you are the winner! I used googone let it sit a few, then used a razor blade to scrape,not the headache I thoght I would have! Thank you! Now I am going to try to post pics of the mess, tho it doesnt look as bad as it really was.

q help microfiber burned onto my pot, cleaning tips, kitchen design, melted microfiberq help microfiber burned onto my pot, cleaning tips, kitchen design, scorched inside of panq help microfiber burned onto my pot, cleaning tips, kitchen design, Good as new after buffing with Barkeeps friend thank you all for the moral support I love Hometalk
    • Peggy Duncan

@Bernice H , I'm not sure if any other oil would work but if you don't have coconut oil then I'd try olive oil as next best thing. Probably just need a similar carrier oil to help with the baking soda to coat and be slippery as the goo gone is.Give it a try and let me know. I started using coconut oil a year ago because it is so much healthier and I just love it. There are so many uses for it too! It's great for the skin as a basic lotion and there are really like 101 uses for it.Google it and be amazed! http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

• Oh, this is wonderful!!!! Glad I could help you, you are such a sweetie!!!!

• KMS Woodworks

Mission Accomplished

• Bernice H

Yup, I am very grateful to be connected to Hometalk, dont know you all, but you are like friends. And no one said...BERNICE!!! What a dummy! Watch your pots and pans! (Jusstt kiddin'!) I have had this set of waterless for over 30 years, and all the pots and pans are still like new, when I clean them up! The investment paid off. This is the slow cooker+pot..tho they all will do the same things. I would have hated to ruin it, thanks again for the support and good wishes!

• Bernice, we all do this stuff, especially if we are cooking in limited spaces. Glad to help, as I have been helped!!!

• 3po3

Oh please Bernice, if that is the dumbest thing you have done in the kitchen, you are way ahead of the game.

• Bernice H

@Steve...you are right ...that is not the dumbest thing I have done in the kitchen. REREADING this post, and just remembered when i turned the heat up on a pot, forgot about it, went off into another part of the house, came back and it was smoking major big smoke. I am fortunate it didnt burn us down, mobile homes go fast as I understand! No wonder I forgot this!

• Michelle Watson Moore

Straight Razr and elbow grease
    • Bernice H

Thanks..that was in 2012... haven't done such a stupid thing again. The goo gone and razor actually made it easy. Since then hubs has said oil will work for a lot of things.