Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

Cork Topped Trunk

$0

I've had this trunk that my husband built in his highschool shop class since we got married. It's been great for storage, and I even painted it so it would fit our home decor. But, it took a beating from our kids, and eventually the hinges broke and the top cracked. So, one day by complete accident, it got a new top...an old window that I had turned into a cork board was placed on top of it just for a second, and when I looked at it from across the room, I knew it was meant to be...
Cork Topped Trunk
Cork Topped Trunk
Wine corks hot glued to an old window.
Wine corks hot glued to an old window.
Wine Cork Topped Coffee Table
Wine Cork Topped Coffee Table
Mom4Real

• Liliana Wells

I love this idea!. Did you cut the corks in half lengthwise? On another note, I saw a picture on your blog of what look like pins with cushions underneath. Are those for chairs legs? Did you buy those like that? Or did you make them?

• Dina

Your idea just stopped me from tossing an old toy box that my dad refinished for my room in college (back in the day!) thank you