Adding a mudroom to our garage

In our previous home, we didn't have a nice laundry room. It was tiny and stuck in our master bedroom. To help sell our home, we decided to ad a laundry/mudroom inside our two car garage. It led into our kitchen. We also had a two car detached garage, so there was still plenty of room to park our cars.
We built a small room to hold our washer and dryer, and my husband also built a custom shoe storage
Custom shelving and shoe storage bench.  The black door to the right leads to the kitchen.  The door on the left leads to the garage.
Custom shelving and shoe storage bench. The black door to the right leads to the kitchen. The door on the left leads to the garage.
We did board and batten on the walls and made a shelf above the washer and dryer.
This is our shoe storage bench that I LOVED!  The boys each had a box to put their shoes in.
This is our shoe storage bench that I LOVED! The boys each had a box to put their shoes in.
This is the before picture of our garage.  The black door led into our kitchen.  We added this new mudroom/laundry room from the door over to the right wall of the garage.
This is the before picture of our garage. The black door led into our kitchen. We added this new mudroom/laundry room from the door over to the right wall of the garage.
We stored hats and gloves in the baskets above the coat rack.
Beneath My Heart