Chocolate Inspired End Table Makeover {Themed Furniture Makeover}

It is Themed Furniture Makeover Day! It’s one of my favorite days of the month when my blogging friends and I come together to share a furniture makeover based on a theme.
The theme for February is chocolate.
Yes, you read that right.
Chocolate.
I had a hard time with this theme. I knew I could paint something brown, call it “chocolate” and be done, but I didn’t want to do that. My other problem was that I didn’t have any furniture to paint at the time.
Luckily, I did find some furniture and was able to come up with something better than brown paint for this makeover. It was a bitter-sweet find though.
My grandma passed away the past Christmas Eve. We were all prepared for her passing, but it is always hard to lose someone special.
I didn’t have a clue what I was going to do for this makeover until we were going through my grandma’s house. These tables were in the basement.
I had to take them home.
These tables were in need of a makeover and they are VERY heavy.
To breathe life into them again and make them “chocolatey”, I thought a fresh coat of white paint (white chocolate) would do wonders. Then, I printed off the French Chocolate graphic from Graphics Fairy.
It was the perfect size to fit the upper portion of these tables.
To transform the graphic, I print it off in mirror image and then I rub chalk all over the printed side. Then, I flip it over on the table and trace it with a pencil. The pressure from the pencil makes the chalk transfer the image onto the table and then I used a black paint marker to fill it in.
by Lindsay on February 25, 2016 in DIY Projects, Fabulous Flips, Furniture, Uncategorized
Facebook Twitter Email
Chocolate Inspired End Table Makeover {Themed Furniture Makeover} | My Creative Days
The theme for February is chocolate.
Yes, you read that right.
Chocolate.
I had to take them home.
The tables were looking good and they had a hint of chocolate on them, but I thought they needed something more.
Head over to my blog to see what else I did with them to make them more "chocolatey".

Lindsay Eidahl