Chocolate Inspired End Table Makeover {Themed Furniture Makeover}

It is Themed Furniture Makeover Day! It’s one of my favorite days of the month when my blogging friends and I come together to share a furniture makeover based on a theme.
The theme for February is chocolate.
Yes, you read that right.
Chocolate.
I had a hard time with this theme. I knew I could paint something brown, call it “chocolate” and be done, but I didn’t want to do that. My other problem was that I didn’t have any furniture to paint at the time.
Luckily, I did find some furniture and was able to come up with something better than brown paint for this makeover. It was a bitter-sweet find though.
My grandma passed away the past Christmas Eve. We were all prepared for her passing, but it is always hard to lose someone special.
I didn’t have a clue what I was going to do for this makeover until we were going through my grandma’s house. These tables were in the basement.
I had to take them home.
These tables were in need of a makeover and they are VERY heavy.
To breathe life into them again and make them “chocolatey”, I thought a fresh coat of white paint (white chocolate) would do wonders. Then, I printed off the French Chocolate graphic from Graphics Fairy.
It was the perfect size to fit the upper portion of these tables.
To transform the graphic, I print it off in mirror image and then I rub chalk all over the printed side. Then, I flip it over on the table and trace it with a pencil. The pressure from the pencil makes the chalk transfer the image onto the table and then I used a black paint marker to fill it in.
by Lindsay on February 25, 2016 in DIY Projects, Fabulous Flips, Furniture, Uncategorized
Facebook Twitter Email
Chocolate Inspired End Table Makeover {Themed Furniture Makeover} | My Creative Days
The theme for February is chocolate.
Yes, you read that right.
Chocolate.
I had to take them home.
The tables were looking good and they had a hint of chocolate on them, but I thought they needed something more.
Head over to my blog to see what else I did with them to make them more "chocolatey".

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Lindsay Eidahl