West Elm Inspired Clock

$50

I came across a clock at West Elm that I just LOVED but couldn't afford. So, I did the next best thing... I created my own version for a fraction of the price!
Follow along to see how and if you love this post, make sure to stop by my blog to see more!
Our DIY Clock came to right around $50. The original clock that I found and loved was $150.
Gather your supplies. You will need scrapbook numbers, a plate, spray paint and clock parts.
We found our plate at TJMaxx for $12 and ordered our clock parts from here.
1. Find the center of the plate and use a ceramic tile bit to make a hole. We used two different bits, using the smaller bit first to make sure we didn't crack the plate.
2. Determine the spacing of your numbers. We did this by using string and a nut to keep the string from pulling through. See more of this step here.
3. Place your 12, 3, 6, and 9 first making it easier to place the in-between numbers next.
4. Use superglue to adhere the numbers to the plate. We used a clamp to make sure they were extra-stuck. =)
5. Now that all the numbers are on (ignore the wonky 3 - it's not too wonky in person!); spray paint the plate and the numbers.
6. Put the clock part together on the plate.

Hang!
If you loved this project, then I bet you'll love my Anthropologie knockoff!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Pat Moran
    Pat Moran

I'm sure she was attempting to duplicate the West Elm clock as close as possible...the West Elm clock is a 20" plate....average dinner plates are 11"-12" - even chargers are only 13"-14"......$12 for a 20" plate is a bargain!

• The Snarky Princess
      The Snarky Princess

I’m so glad you pointed out the size. I plan to make it with a plastic melamine plate I picked up for 75 cents and chipboard numbers. Way cheaper but way smaller too. Hmmmmm, I have a nice round metal serving tray I picked up for 50 cents I will have to see the size. I may use it for this instead of my original plan if the size is right

• Georgia Olin
    Georgia Olin

First off, her name is Ashley, second, west Elm's products cost much more, third, there is more satisfaction in making your own work than buying from an overpriced company.