Furniture Makeover : Simple Way to Turn Bar Stools Into Table Chairs

We all know that there's more than one way to save a piece of furniture. Sometimes, the trick is to simply take what you have and make it into what you need.
furniture makeover simple way to turn bar stools into table chairs, how to, painted furniture
This was the case with my bar stools-turned-chairs. I had three black bar stools, but needed three white table chairs.
Originally, my kitchen peninsula had a high bar so three of these super-sturdy bar stools were purchased in about 1997. Then, when the first phase of the kitchen refresh was done, the high bar was removed and a table-height "bar" was added. Luckily, aside from some knicks and dings...well.......A LOT of knicks and dings, the bar stools were in perfect (and I do mean perfect) condition. In my mind, it just seemed criminal to toss them aside.
But, in order to work as kitchen table chairs, they would have to be shortened and then refinished. Please catch the details at the links below.
For more furniture makeovers in my "Use What You Got" Series, please visit my blog category marked....of all things....."Furniture Makeovers"......LOL.
To make it easier, here are a couple of links:
An outdated TV amoire is divided and installed as a kitchen cabinet. http://thechelseaproject.com/tv-cabinet-makeover-outdated-cabinet-is-refinished-and-installed-as-a-kitchen-cabinet/
An outdated amoire is turned on its side and made into a media and storage unit.
http://thechelseaproject.com/tv-cabinet-makeover-vertical-cabinet-goes-horizontal/
And, as always, thanks so much for stopping by. It is such a pleasure to share projects with you.
Susie @ The Chelsea Project Blog