Teacup Pendant Shades

These teacup shades are such a fun way to add a little vintage style to your lighting. They are easy to put together, especially if you use existing pendant lights!
You can do just one light, or mix and match your cups for a fun look. I used an existing pendant light system but you could also install new pendants.
The cups really glow when you turn on the lights! I added vintage style Edison bulbs so the cups would have a fun look even when they aren't on.
Simply drill the holes needed to fit the lighting.
Add your cups to the pendant hardware and you're all ready to add your lightbulb.
The pendants I had needed a small bulb so I found a little mini Edison bulb for the lights. I love the gold glow it gives the cups.
Click the link to get more details on drilling the cups!

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Bev McCullough

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

How many cups and saucers broke before you got enough to make these 3. I just can't imagine drilling these fragile objects!

• Linda
    Linda

what drill bit did you use for this ? and did you use tape ?

• Jeanne Martin
      Jeanne Martin

On every post there is a "GO" button (it's blue) right above this Question section. It says "Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!" and the go button is right next to it. Just click on the go button. Maybe you learned something new today about Hometalk's project posts!

• Virginia
    Virginia

"Simply drilling a hole" in porcelain is not so simple. How do you keep it from cracking and breaking where you don't want it to while drilling?

• Karen Goodenough
      Karen Goodenough

My sentiments exactly, you have to be very careful drill that type of thing, usually drill small hole and gradually work up with larger bits, some people use water also while doing it

• Joyce
    Joyce

Love this...it is so cute...this will go with any decor....

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

Won't try this but wouldn't they be adorable in a tea room, inexpensive ambience while you sip your tea and eat your crumpets.