Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

DIY Project ~ Hypertufa Pots

$15

The Delaware Center for Horticulture, where I volunteer, just held a wonderful hypertufa trough workshop. We made pots and learned how easy it is to make your own hypertufa container gardens. It is as fun as making mud pies when you were a kid! Check out my post for the hypertufa recipe and all the details!
http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/diy-project-thedch-hypertufa-workshop/
completed hypertufa pot
completed hypertufa pot
sifting the peat moss
sifting the peat moss
mix the dry ingredients thoroughly
mix the dry ingredients thoroughly
hypertufa pot ready for curing
hypertufa pot ready for curing
Barb Rosen

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Hey @Barb Rosen , have you tried any for the fairy gardens yet? I am contemplating it, saw some really awesome ones on pinterest, but not sure how labor intensive they are.

• Barb Rosen

Easy enough to make the bowls or boxes, @360 Sod (Donna Dixson) . While you are mixing, make plenty because it is messy. I have been eyeing those hypertufa fairy houses and think I'll take a crack at those soon. Looks like it would be the basic box with window and door cutouts. I'd use tin for the roof. Are you going to try it too?