Lindsay @ Makely
Lindsay @ Makely
  • Pflugerville, TX

Upcycle: Old, Broken BBQ Grill Turned into Awesome Planter

We had this horrible, eyesore of a grill sitting in our backyard. It had been destroyed in a windstorm and there it sat, mocking me. While I was taking it apart to put out on the curb on trash day, I had the brilliant idea of turning it into a planter. All it took was a little bit of soapy water and some spray paint...and now it's awesome. This is perfect for my backyard and I love my new outdoor space! More info here: http://makelyhome.com/diy-planter/
My new outdoor space featuring the new DIY BBQ grill planter
Old BBQ grill turned DIY Planter
Old BBQ grill turned DIY Planter
Close up of the trailing flowers in my BBQ grill planter
Scary, old BBQ grill
Scary, old BBQ grill
Lindsay @ Makely

• Ezra Dack

I have exact same BBQ unit. Bought it used. Do you still have the lid? I need the top and who made it so I can repair interior. Please help with any info you may have? Thanks

• Carol

I turned my old grill into a potting center. Tray in bottom to catch dirt, because I use it inside garage. Grill racks kerp pots at cinvenient height or working. Side arm fir supplies. Spray painted it bright green.

• Carol

Sorry for typos! Sloppy stylus!