Cyndie
Cyndie
  • Dunedin, FL

plastic wrap melted on refridgerator

B. EnneSusan BechampKim149956
+4

I rent my home and my old refridgerator broke down. The landlord gave me another but the fridge was stored in his sons garage and was wraped with saran wrap which melted onto it. I have tried everything to get this off and nothing has worked. I would appreciate any suggestions as I am sick of looking at it. Thanks
  • Ashley B.

If you take a hair dryer to it, it should melt it enough to pry off. Then once you get majority of it off, rub it with nail polish remover. This should get the extra residue off. Finally wash it off with soapy water. Hope it works for you!

• KMS Woodworks

Have you tried some wd-40?

• Cyndie

I have tried the blow dryer and it did not work it did not budge. I am going to try the wd-40 today and let you know the results. Thanks guys for trying to help. This is so frustrating.

• Mary

Paint it, my Dad did it to an old frig, but I'm not sure how he did it. He was an autobody guy. It did look really cool.

• Kim149956

If all else fails to remove it try a razor blade then paint it with texture paint. ( spray paint)

• Susan Bechamp

They make refrigerator and dishwasher magnetic covers. Amazon has them. I think the Con-tact Paper Co does too. (Google "Refrigerator covers") If painting the fridge, use appliance paint. It can take the heat without bubbling up especially if the stove is just feet away.

• B. Enne

Maybe these videos can help.