Lorraine F
Lorraine F
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Using an Orbital Sander to Create Planked Effect

I recently found an antique table that I planned to just repaint. But as I sanded the top, I found that some areas were sanding off first and it started to give a planked effect. I decided to go with the flow and use my sander and a technique i've done before on other furniture. Tilting the orbital sander at an angle allowed me to follow along the lines that were forming, making them more obvious. I not only was able to reveal the two shades of paint but also the wood! It came out so nice! You can use this technique on any piece of furniture if you want a rustic look.
using an orbital sander to create planked effect, painted furniture, rustic furniture
Lorraine F