Linen Closet Rescue Mission - Organizing the Linen Closet

Organize, purge, and update builder wire shelves with contact paper covered foam board. Make faux chalkboard labels using black foam board and thrift store frames. Simple sign to brighten up the closet wall.
BIG BEFORE!
BIG BEFORE!
part way through putting in the foam board/contact paper shelf liners
linen closet rescue mission organizing the linen closet, closet, organizing
Krista @ thehappyhousie

• Barbara

I have organized and re-organized our linen closet 10 times in the five years since we bought our home. It seems to ALWAYS be a mess. I like the use of the natural baskets and I can segregate the size of bed linens (queen-my bedroom, double-daughters bedroom, single-guest bedroom, etc) and a separate basket for the table clothes/napkins! Where did you find these baskets? I already store the sheets folded inside pillow cases to keep like items together and have tagged the shelves, but with two of us in and out of there at least weekly it's a mess again. And then there is the bath towel issue. With pedestal sinks in both baths, there is limited storage, especially in the hall bathroom that my daughter uses, barely enough room for her to dry off after her shower!

• Grandmasue10

I don't know why pedestal sinks came back into style. Must have been some man's idea. Perhaps a skinny storage meant to go between washer and dryer would fit there. Maybe add a skirt to hide everything.

• Honour Min

Is foam board necessary if using woven baskets?

• Sheila A

Without the foam board the rack lines will show and the fabric will sag. What about using doubled sheets of cardboard? Fold part over the front edge of the shelf by scoring the back of the cardboard through the back, but not the front layer, and folding it over the shelf

• B Bridgett

KRISTA....nice job!!! However, you have a small box labeled "King" But seriously, how would you get two sheets in that box???? I have 7 sets of queen and no matter how any one is folded, I only was able to get one sheet and the pillow cases into that small box..do you gave a secret folding technique? Mine are all folded as taught by Martha Stewart and still found stacking works best as I was unable to get two sets in that wicker box....

• Krista @ thehappyhousie

@B Bridgett I decided to get rid of the sheets we didn't need and that were old and worn etc. I have one king bed upstairs, we keep one set of stuff on the bed and the other set in the closet so it works. If you have a lot more, then this system may not work at all for you:) Sounds like you are already doing your best with it!

• Grandmasue10

Yes, that's what I do. Purge, purge, purge. Shelters for people can use sheets in decent condition. Animal shelters can use worn ones. Another idea is to fold sheets to fit into pillowcases. Everything that matches is together.

• Lisarae

After folding your sheets into a square roll them like a sausage and put a hairband or a rubber band around it it'll keep them together and you can after folding your sheets into a square roll them like a sausage and put a hairband or a rubber band around it it'll keep them together and you can stack Moran of box and you can put more in the wicker baskets and you can put more in the wicker basket side-by-side

• Jane Koranda

where did you find the baskets not to spend a fortune ?

• Sheila A

Goodwill or any thrift store! You may have to search to find matching baskets, but the price will be much less than retail!

• Beckylee44

How do I cover the front of the wire racks, just fold down the peel n stick longer than the foam board? Not sure how to explain my question better, hope you get it.

• Smithmmt

Score the foam board on one side. Apply contact paper to the other side. Should fold right over.

• Jan Doezie

How did you attach the frames to the baskets ?

• David Quinton

Where did you find the Fresh Linens sign? Best thing ever, but can't find it anywhere :)

• Gog12810100

Where did u find the baskets with the caulk board to write on ?

• Ms. G

Try a Dollar Tree, in the school/office section/craft section.

• Joyce

No linen closet space