Using salvaged items to furnish a room.

This is my first post~and I'm excited to be here!
My craft room is one of my favorite rooms in our house, and I used mainly salvaged items and things I made to furnish it. I think they add a lot of character, and I like the fact that it was easy on our budget.
I found the blue table on our farm. I replaced the top with some pretty substantial planks (also found on our farm), stained them and painted the base blue. I LOVE this little table!
These gray drawers were a gift from my brother. All I did was clean them up before bringing them into the house. The wall cabinet is an old kitchen cabinet that my parents gave me. I removed the doors and put bead board planks on the back, then painted it and added corbels.
I also found this table on our farm. I cleaned it up, painted the base and stained the top. I made the long storage piece out of a thrift store find, and the folding organizer is made from the doors I removed from the cabinet in the other photo.
The light fixture is a $2 estate sale find. I used spare parts and a light kit from IKEA to make it functional.
I made the curtains out of bed sheets from Walmart and elastic thread.
An old doorknob holds the curtains back when I want them open.

• Liz

Was it difficult to sew with elastic thread? Can you please explain to me how to do it? Those curtains are just darling! I love them! Thanks.

• Lori

I'd like to know about the thread too. It looks like old fashioned smocking. For a first post you did fabulously.

• Lisalynn

Love the door knob idea..... perfect..

• Lynda

I will definatly try the curtains. I really need new ones. Hope I can do them. I'm not very good at sewing. Thanks.