Before and After: A Modern Geometric Mountain Makeover

I could not figure out what to do with this dresser! Seems easy enough, basic wood dresser...just paint it. I have this problem with "just painting" it. It needs to be interesting to me, I can't bare to just do what's easiest. I always like when there's a story behind something too, I like to know that there's inspiration that causes an idea to happen. And that's just what happened with this dresser after a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway in California, one of America's most scenic drives. (I highly recommend ;) )
Here's the pretty rough looking before picture of this dresser. I filled in all of the lines you see here. I wanted all of the diamond shapes on the two bottom drawers to be gone and the lines on the upper drawers gone so I could really have a blank slate. I filled in all of the holes for the knobs and pulls, there were way too many hardware pieces before.
If you look closely this is a portrait of the mountains, the ocean and the sunset. The mountains through Big Sur are mostly green or brown, but I chose a blue and gray palette because I liked the combo. So this scene is "loosely" based on the Big Sur coast line.
I wanted the landscapes to go along the sides of the dresser.
Both sides are different.
I think this dresser would look awesome in a kids bedroom.
I like to imagine a kid's creativity and letting their imagination run wild in their world and promoting a sense of adventure.
This dresser is for sale!

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows

To see more: http://www.oakandolivehome.com/the-mountain-dresser-before-after/