How to Make Dryer Balls

Want to save the planet, money, AND time. There is an easy way to do this. Make a set of Dryer Balls. Specifially, Felted Wool Dryer Balls.
Once you do, you will never have to buy over-scented dryer sheets or bulky bottles of fabric softener again.
Dryer Balls will also reduce static cling and cut your clothes drying time significantly {25-50%}.
These nifty little felted wool dryer balls will do all of these things while happily bouncing around in your dryer.
For more details visit my blog: http://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/2012/11/how-to-make-felted-wool-dryer-balls.html
All it takes is a some wool yarn and a few simple household items.
Begin by winding the wool around two fingers.
Keep winding until you form a wool ball about the size of a tennis ball. Stick the yarn tail into the ball using a blunt needle.
Add several wool balls into an old panty hose leg. Tie dental floss between wool balls.
Wash in the washer on hottest setting. Run through dryer on hottest setting. They will shrink and felt.
Occasionally add more essential oil. They will continue to shrink as you use them. Just make a few more and toss them into the dryer with the others.

The Seasoned Homemaker

• Bab22474461

How to clean carpeting with cat stains
    • B. Enne

Hi Babsatb,

When you have a question, not directly related to the post you are reading, you can do a search right under the URL bar--top left of your screen ("search DIY ideas here!), or ask a question on the top right of your screen "Ask Question".
      You may notice under some of the responses, that this was posted in 2013, so you may not get an answer.

I did a search for you for your particular question and found the following posts (click on the link below). I hope they will help.

• The Seasoned Homemaker

That really depends on the size of your load, etc. I would say 4 for a small load and 6 for a large load of something like towels.

• Kathy

I suspect my washer doesn't get the water hot enough so boiled these on the stove for 15 minutes. Felting achieved! These are so fun to use!