Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Plastic Soda Bottle Easter Baskets

Pretty little custom DIY Easter baskets you can make in minutes using a plastic soda bottle of any size! They’re not just for Easter! Use them as a gift basket for any occasion for kids, teens and adults. (More details and photos on my site link at the bottom.)
plastic soda bottle easter baskets, crafts, easter decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
SUPPLIES
Plastic bottle of any size. (We used 32 oz size.)
Utility knife, scissors, dry erase marker (to mark bottle cutting lines.)
Glue gun
Decor items: Paint pens, permanent markers, stickers, ribbon, beads etc.
Cut your soda bottle the height you want.
Cut a strip for the handle.
Cut a scalloped edge if desired which makes a fun edge.
We used paint markers to decorate our bottle. Permanent markers would work well also!
Glue the handle in place.
Decorate in other ways. We used ribbon for one and for the other we attached some appliques we had lying around. Fill with goodies!
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Sandy

So cute.........what kind of glue do you use to hold plastic?????
    • Hi Sandy! I used hot glue. Its the only thing that would hold it right away. I did have to clamp it with a clothespin for just a couple minutes till it dried.

• Sandra Schemers-Martin

CUTE.

• Sandra

You did a cute job with the baskets. Did you know you can mail items in them? I sent our grand children coloring books and crayons. I had to cut a slit in the side to get the books in, but was able to tape them closed. I wrote the address on the bottles with magic markers and took them to the post office. She was surprised and wasn't sure. But since it was only crayons and coloring books (I sent 3 bottles--1for each grandchild) I figured go for It. They were delivered with everything safe and sound. I didn't even glue the lid on. Just screwed on really tight. If you are sending things that will fit through the mouth piece, I would think of gluing the lid. But I think it's okay not to. The kids thought it was great fun to get a pop bottle in the mail.