I LOVE DIY. new Ballast in my kitchen light $20.00 VS. a whole new light fixture $120.00....SAVED us $100 PLUS+

New Ballast in my kitchen light $20.00 VS. a whole new light fixture $120.00....SAVED us $100 PLUS+. If we had used Electrician it would have their charge per hour plus materials.
Shout out to Mike at the Electrical department of Home Depot. Took me step by step on how to change the ballast out. Even made me a drawing to take home. Told me to call if I came upon any questions! Love those Home Improvement stores, YOU CAN DIY!
I know it is not the newest most updated fixture but I like a LOT of light in my kitchen and have yet to find something that will make me spend the money of new fixtures. For now $20 is good!
Ballast in our light fixture went out, easy $20 fix.
As easy as taking old ballast out and putting new one in. Cut power at the circuit breaker first!
Old ballast still connected, new ballast to be installed.
Cut the colored wires to the old ballast and disconnect the black and white wires from the old ballast.
New ballast is going up
screwing in the new ballast before connecting the wires.
connecting the wires.
connecting the wires with the new push in wire connectors, MY NEW FAVORITE TOY, had not used these before!
My new favorite toy!
tuck all your wires in and put channel back in
get it all tucked in.
pop light bulbs in

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas

• Valerie Fanning

Great job! And I love your tool belt! I want one like that, maybe my men would leave that one alone ;-)

• Carol Cole

Boy are you brave. I can do switches and lamps but this no way Great Job. Thumbs up.