Ana M
Ana M
  • Alpharetta, GA

I LOVE DIY. new Ballast in my kitchen light $20.00 VS. a whole new light fixture $120.00....SAVED us $100 PLUS+

New Ballast in my kitchen light $20.00 VS. a whole new light fixture $120.00....SAVED us $100 PLUS+. If we had used Electrician it would have their charge per hour plus materials.
Shout out to Mike at the Electrical department of Home Depot. Took me step by step on how to change the ballast out. Even made me a drawing to take home. Told me to call if I came upon any questions! Love those Home Improvement stores, YOU CAN DIY!
I know it is not the newest most updated fixture but I like a LOT of light in my kitchen and have yet to find something that will make me spend the money of new fixtures. For now $20 is good!
Ballast in our light fixture went out, easy $20 fix.
As easy as taking old ballast out and putting new one in. Cut power at the circuit breaker first!
Old ballast still connected, new ballast to be installed.
Cut the colored wires to the old ballast and disconnect the black and white wires from the old ballast.
New ballast is going up
New ballast is going up
screwing in the new ballast before connecting the wires.
connecting the wires.
connecting the wires.
connecting the wires with the new push in wire connectors, MY NEW FAVORITE TOY, had not used these before!
My new favorite toy!
My new favorite toy!
tuck all your wires in  and put channel back in
tuck all your wires in and put channel back in
get it all tucked in.
get it all tucked in.
pop light bulbs in
pop light bulbs in

• Renee

That's awesome. I put in all my light fixtures, proud. What you did is still over my head! Get it? Corny, but I have those in my kitchen too. One never works. Thank you so much, Renee in Orlando, FL.

• Valerie Fanning

Great job! And I love your tool belt! I want one like that, maybe my men would leave that one alone ;-)