Asked on Mar 1, 2016

Uses for a washing machine tub

SparklesRuthATLiliana Wells
+8

I have a great, almost new tub, but it is heavy and the recycles I have seen include a hassock and hanging lamp!! Any other ideas? I will be moving into a smaller house soom so if it could do double duty it would be great. margaret
  • GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Some of the hassocks I've seen made out of those tubs also double as storage by making the "lid/foot rest" removable. I've also seen them hung on the wall with a shelf added in the center for a book shelf and I thought that was pretty darned cute :)

• Kate Jones
    Kate Jones

I saw someone make a piano seat with internal storage from a washing machine drum it was beautiful and practical, you can never beat storage that doubles up in a smaller home.

• Laura
    Laura

Look up washing machine tub fire pit on the internet. They are super cute. We used to sell them at an upcycle store I worked at

• Sparkles
    Sparkles

use it for a strawberry planter

• Patti Nicholas
    Patti Nicholas

I love the fire pits and I actually have two in my back yard right now that we plan on using for that purpose.

• Cynthia Nye
    Cynthia Nye

Planter?

• Sparkles
      Sparkles

@Cynthia Nye YES fill with dirt and add strawberry plants in the holes. may have to make the holes a little bigger but it would make a great planter for them.

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

Planter.

• RuthAT
    RuthAT

Might think about adding a wooden base, then legs to good height for you (if the tub is tall enough, just add wheels), wheels and a handle. You now have a laundry cart to help bring and return your clothes :)