Rindy Bergbower
Rindy Bergbower
  • Marion, IL

what to plant

Rindy BergbowerJeanette SDouglas Hunt
+2

I have two pots but the front walk facing west, I do have lots of trees in front but the drive is in line with the sun in midday so the pots do get about an hour of hot summer sun. Any ideas as to what to plant. Ive tried impatience, begonias, coleus but they didn't do so well
  • Lisa

Sedums will do great, as well as Creeping Jenny. Both survive in sun or shade.

• Marji

Asters Butterfly Flowers Columbine Carnations Coneflowers Coreopsis Daisies Daylilies Delphinium Hardy Geraniums Hens & Chicks Hibiscus Hollyhocks Irises Lavender Liatris Mums Peonies Phlox Roses Rudbeckia Sedum

Try the New Guinea impatiens rather than the old-fashioned kind. Hostas look great in planters and many will take an hour of sun.

• Jeanette S

Try some Caladium...they come in many colors and are stunning. I put them in pots on my back deck that gets no direct sun and they thrive! They are bulbs an the thicker you plant them, the prettier they are. You can actually buy mature plants at HD or Lowes (so you can see the size and color) and all you will have to do is put in sufficient dirt and it is a finished product!

• Rindy Bergbower

thanks everyone for your help.