DIY BURLAP COVERED STORAGE BOXES

I made these using cardboard banker boxes with lids, beige paint, chalkboard paint, burlap, spray adhesive and small wooden tags. When I re-painted my laundry room, I wanted a cute way to store things so I wouldn't have to look at stacks of blankets & stuff on my open shelf. I bought the boxes at Staples, but wanted to dress them up a li...ttle. I painted over the lettering on the boxes and painted the wooden tags. After they dried I sprayed around the outside of the box with the adhesive. In a few minutes it was tacky enough to hold the burlap. Once the burlap was secure, I glued the tag to the front of the box. Used chalk pens to label each box and put those blankets away.
I made these using cardboard banker boxes with lids, beige paint, chalkboard paint, burlap, spray adhesive and small wooden tags. When I re-painted my laundry room, I wanted a cute way to store things so I wouldn't have to look at stacks of blankets & stuff on my open shelf. I bought the boxes at Staples, but wanted to dress them up a little. I painted over the lettering on the boxes and painted the wooden tags. After they dried I sprayed around the outside of the box with the adhesive. In a few minutes it was tacky enough to hold the burlap. Once the burlap was secure, I glued the tag to the front of the box. Used chalk pens to label each box and put those blankets away.

• Carol

And I have a bolt of burlap that I bought at a yard sale. Now I know why. Super neat idea.

• Lyria

Wonderful idea. You will never have to worry about your boxes matching if you need to add more late.