Garden Totems,Crafts,Outdoor Decorating,Recycling Glassware

$25

I thought that I would try my hand at making a garden totem and I think it turned out quite nice.I used E6000 glue and so far it is holding up pretty well with all of the rain that we have had. I saw a few birds taking a bath in it this morning.That made my heart sing!
It is sitting on top of a green bird bath or green bird feeder. I did not anchor it or mount it to anything.It was really easy to make except that you have to make sure that the pieces do not slide around while you are waiting for the glue to dry.I forgot to tell you that you need to glue a bead or coin or small rock to the spout of the teapot so that the teapot doesn't fill up with rainwater.
I saw some birds taking a bath in this newly made garden totem this am.That made my heart sing!
Here is a pic of the backside of the garden totem.I just love that teapot.If you enlarge the pic you can see that I used 2 beads to block the hole from any water.
Here is a pic with a close up of the 2 beads that I used to block the hole from any water getting inside.
Here is a better pic of the front of the garden totem.I had to wait for the sun to move out from behind a cloud.

• Tammy McLain

The uv6800 can be found in a tube or a caulking tube type on Amazon as well. I have made several and used all types of glue, my main problem is drilling a hole in it to put a rod through to help stabilize it or making it stand up in the Oklahoma wind... lol.

garden totems, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling
  • Larose LoganOakes

What a lovely totem you have made. You have given me an idea on how to spruce up my new yard in FL. I was at a loss as to how to decorate it and you have saved the day! Thank you Tammy for your suggestions!