French Country Kitchen Tour

Welcome to our French Country Kitchen tour. After living here for right at 9 years, this room is still my favorite! I really wouldn't change anything. The perimeter cabinets are pine and the center island is a painted distressed green. There are also 2 types of granite used. To read more on our kitchen, please visit my blog.
The hood really stands out being painted the same color as the island against all the pine.
Here is a wide angle lens view of the entire kitchen.
The farmhouse sink has been a favorite.  It does scratch somewhat, but I'm OK with it.
The farmhouse sink has been a favorite. It does scratch somewhat, but I'm OK with it.
We used 2 types of granite in the space.  I do find that lighter colored granite shows less in terms of fingerprints.
We used 2 types of granite in the space. I do find that lighter colored granite shows less in terms of fingerprints.
A local artist painted a French Country scene with all of our names within the painting.  The tiles were then fired to bake the finish. By using local, it really was not a major expense.
A local artist painted a French Country scene with all of our names within the painting. The tiles were then fired to bake the finish. By using local, it really was not a major expense.
Great island space for homework, dining and projects.  Works as a great buffet table for entertaining.
Great island space for homework, dining and projects. Works as a great buffet table for entertaining.
The breakfast room is paneled in Cyprus paneling which was then painted in a watered down green wash.  The ceiling is paneled in stained pine.
The breakfast room is paneled in Cyprus paneling which was then painted in a watered down green wash. The ceiling is paneled in stained pine.
I collect tole trays and lamps.
I collect tole trays and lamps.
I'm still working on the area with "Bessie" the cow!
An antique dough bowl holds faux green apples.  The windows open onto the back screened porch.
An antique dough bowl holds faux green apples. The windows open onto the back screened porch.
An antique hutch found in NC on a long ago weekend getaway!
The inside of this hutch stores my cookbook collection.
Christy @ Our Southern Home