Boho Style Gift Wrapping Tutorial

$0

Leftover craft scraps are turned into beautiful, boho style gift wrap, perfect for spring.
boho style gift wrapping tutorial, crafts
I hate just throwing craft supplies away after a project. Especially if I have a fair amount left. So I absolutely love it when I come up with an idea to use some of them, like this beautiful bohemian style gift wrapping for my daughter's friend's birthday.
Gorgeous Rifle Paper Co wrapping paper was the foundation, and then I used materials I had left over from other craft projects: Leather lacing, lace, silk flowers, and feathers.
Do you know how easy it is to shape feathers? You can pull off the bits you don't want, and easily trim the shape with scissors. See how easy that is?
Instead of a bow, I used a small circle of felt as a base, and glued various feathers to it.
A few silk flowers pulled from their stems and beads, and I had the perfect present topper. Instead of ribbon, I used braided leather lacing layered with thin lace.
So pretty, right? And I love how it gave a hint of the present inside (some boho jewelry my daughter had picked out for her friend).
Justification for my massive horde of craft supplies AND a fun project! What could be better?
Nikki Wills