Fairy Garden

My latest Fairy Garden recycling a broken clay pot.
My recycled broken clay pot from another fairy garden. Added fresh potting soil.
After adding my mosses and flowers to the top tier, I added my little ceramic fairy house I found at my local flea market.
On the second tier, I placed my larger items on top of the mosses before adding my cute little Fairy. I thought she would look so cute sitting on the edge of the clay pot.
On the next teir, I added rocks and more artificial flowers. I found this cute little fairy door at Hobby Lobby.
Added rocks, moss and artificial plant in the last tier before adding the fairy ladder. Once early Summer arrives, I will be adding real plants to this Fairy Garden.

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!

• Denise Fraley
    Denise Fraley

Where did you find the items you used such as the fairy and the house?

• Rory McBean
      Rory McBean

Michael's has a huge assortment of faux moss and succulents. They also carry fairie houses and accessories.
  • Sandra George
    Sandra George

How do you keep soil from leaking out when watering.

• Patty
      Patty

I have used old pantyhose in my fairy gardens when I use broken pots. they blend in with the soil and water can drain, but I do use a mister on the succulents but on the miniature plants that need real watering I use a little drip system. The pantyhose hold the soil really well.

• Barbara
    Barbara

How do you break the pot to create the open side without cracking any other parts?

• Barbara
      Barbara

Thanks Mary. Great idea! I'll try this and I might spray the pot with a terra cotta sand finish.

• Patty
    Patty

I need to get all my fairy's and houses out of the basement along with all the accessory's, today would have been a great day to do that. I don't think we are going to have any late snow storms or heavy frost, so I think it would be safe to get them out now. I learned a hard lesson one year I left them outside during the winter and so many of them broke, so now each year I bring them in and store them in the basement. Just the ceramic stuff and anything else I think might be fragile enough that would break during the winter. Do you have that problem there?

• Sandy Hartnett
    Sandy Hartnett

This is soooo cute...gonna start collecting to make mine now! Thanks! Hugs

• Sarah M
      Sarah M

@Sandy Hartnett Thank you Sandy!...you will have a blast making this fairy garden! You will be totally hooked after your first! :)