Organizing Tips for Your Refrigerator

Need help organizing your refrigerator? I used simple plastic placemats and bins to get a whole new look and organization.
This is my way overstuffed refrigerator! Can you relate? I started this project by taking everything out and sorting and throwing away old or no longer needed items.
The next step was to clean and remove all shelves. I used soapy water to wash down all the surfaces.
Next, I bought cheap plastic placemats and cut them to the size of my shelves. This will make spills easy to clean up without having to remove the whole shelf.
Finally, I used plastic bins and my label maker to label areas, bins, and drawers. This should help in the future to keep things in order.
Do you have too many leftovers that go unused? I have a free Leftovers Printable and a DIY recipe for a all natural fridge deodorizer over on the blog.

Amy Dowling

• Hildegarde

How do you get the man in your life to keep your refrigerator clean and organized?

• Rebecca

Confused ... You show cluttered fridge doors. You show nice mats on fridge shelves. Where's the organized fridge door ideas?

• Amy Dowling

Hi Rebecca, the tips apply to the whole fridge; get rid of items, clean, use mats. In addition, leftovers printable and deodorize with my homemade deodorize which are featured on the blog. Thanks for the question!

• Jsm5179467

What is leftovers printable?

• Sirkku

Thanks for your pictures

• Karen Hodges Mashburn

I keep a tape dispenser and a fine point sharpie handy to put the date that the dish was prepared and stick the tape to the lid of my pyrex dishes that I use for my left overs. Be sure to fold one end of the tape back onto the sticky side so you have a nice little tab to pull the tape off before putting the dirty lid in the dishwasher when you're done. I try to eat the leftovers within a week. I can freeze the pyrex dish, also. I dislike plastic. I also like to put the baking soda and lemon oil in the drip tray underneath my old refrigerator.