DIY Hanging Globe and Geo Terrariums

Terrariums bring beauty into the home and add liveliness to your decor. Succulents are easy to maintain and are drought tolerable which is perfect for a gal like me who always forgets to water them! Pick the container and succulents to your liking, follow these tips, and a terrarium will make a great addition to your home in the near future!
Pick your container and make sure it's waterproof or that it has somewhere to drain. This geo container I bought at Target and waterproofed it with clear silicone. I gifted it to my mother in law for her birthday and she loves it! Here's how to do your own!
You will need cactus soil, rocks, succulents, sphagnum moss, decorative accents, charcoal or carbon pebbles and sand (optional).
Layer one at a time starting with the small rocks so the water can drain. The charcoal or carbon pebbles make sure the air stays clean in the terrarium. You can find it at your local pet store.
Put a thicker layer of cactus soil so the succulents can thrive in their new home!
Put a thin layer of fine sand if you like the way it looks. Otherwise, put your plants in however you like keeping height and size in mind. Finish with some moss spread around the succulents and the accessories spaced out wherever they look best! I used some shiny rocks and an aquarium decoration!
Here are my finished globe terrariums. They look like exactly like I'd hoped so I'm a happy camper!! I added some twine to hang them in a window.

20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Christina

• Kathy Bitzan
    Kathy Bitzan

Great look, my todo list keeps getting longer... I'll be looking for these glass containers, have the perfect spot for this idea.

• Dorothy
    Dorothy

where did you buy the 3 glass containers

• Christina
      Christina

I bought them at Becker Furniture World which was unexpected! But you can get them on eBay, Home Depot, Home Goods, and Target has some other containers..