Patty W
Patty W
  • Hopkinsville, KY
Asked on Mar 5, 2012

How to decorate around a post in livingroom? need a floor plan for the furniture we keep moving stuff nothing is working

T DHandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLCKaySTX G
+4

• Patty, a few good pics of the area in question could help with suggestions. For now though, depending on where it is located, you might be able to accentuate it rather than trying to hide it. Perhaps it can be part of a table or something?

• Miriam I

Definitely post a picture, I'm sure there are many things you can do to make it work with the flow of the room.What furniture do you have in there now?

• Terri J

I had the same probem with a post in my family room. I ended up "boxing" it in, and built a small book case, running about 10 feet long. Then I made another box on the other end, turning the top of it into a place to put picutres, plants and even my TV at one point. I also turned my couch so that it was back to back with it. Those posts in the middle of rooms create many nightmares!

• Can't wait to see a photo so that we can all help.

• KaySTX G

I have a similar problem with arches in the kit/dining area. Would rather have had an island, but it is the main support in this concrete home. These pics are from before we moved in, from the online listing.

q how to decorate around a post in livingroom need a floor plan for the furniture we, home decor, living room ideas, From entry dining areaq how to decorate around a post in livingroom need a floor plan for the furniture we, home decor, living room ideas, From kitchen to dining areaq how to decorate around a post in livingroom need a floor plan for the furniture we, home decor, living room ideas, from dining room kitchen on right living room on leftq how to decorate around a post in livingroom need a floor plan for the furniture we, home decor, living room ideas, From living room
  • Kay - is this a basement space? Personally, I would wall over a couple of the arches. Try getting some large cardboard boxes to temporarily wall over each arch and see how that feels. I love arches but here they went a bit overboard. For me, I'd wall over one of the arches from the kitchen.

• T D

Me too ANDY. Notice how much natural light is blocked by the arch. Open it up to the header.