DIY Rustic Wood Wall Sconce

If you saw my previous post, you’ll know I purchased a new duvet cover before Christmas and built a string art wall sign to match the colors of the new duvet. After putting up the sign, I felt something else was needed as the sign looked a little small compared to our large California King size bed.
If you saw my previous post, you’ll know I purchased a new duvet cover before Christmas and built a string art wall sign to match the colors of the new duvet.
After putting up the sign, I felt something else was needed as the sign looked a little small compared to our large California King size bed. You can see for yourself here:
I had some scrap wood in the shop so I didn’t even need to buy any wood, so the only cost in making these was for the LED candles, which I purchased on sale at Target, and the metal flower and wording, which I bought at Hobby Lobby.
I first cut all my boards to length (for a complete materials and cut list, please visit my blog at the link below).
Once all of the boards were cut to size, I assembled the sconce using wood glue and finish nails.
I then used my go-to stain, Minwax Dark Walnut to stain the sconce and let it dry.
On one of my (many) trips to Hobby Lobby, I had found these really cool metal wording pieces and some small metal flowers in a bluish-gray color that matched the “Love” string art sign I previously made:
sing a hot glue gun, I attached the metal flower to the top center of the sconce. I then used the hot glue gun to attached the wording to the upper left side of the sconce (for the sconce that was to hang to the left of the string art sign, the sconce on the right side had the wording on the upper right side of the sconce). I then attached a picture hanger to the back of the sconces and hung them on the wall:
For more pictures and instructions for building the sconce, please visit my blog!

Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Pinspired to DIY