Adult Coloring Book Turned Beautiful Plate!

131K Views
My daughter brought me all these coloring books...so I decided to color.

I like the rounded ones. This way you can do more with them. I found clear glass plates (with a few scratches) at the thrift store for $.20 each.

You can also use colored pencils. The markers did run a little, but not too bad. Can you really notice?
  • adult coloring book turned beautiful plate, crafts, decoupage

I put a thin layer on the back of the plate. Then I stuck on the design. Once secure, I painted a layer on the paper.

The points on design were hard to keep down. Just kept using more MP.
I was bummed that there were some bubbles. I kept trying to flatten, but didn't want to rip the paper. I did poke a small pinhole in the big bubbles and tried to flatten. Not sure if that really did anything. Came back after it dried and it was completely flat!! Whoo hoo!! I put 2 coats on the back.

I let sit for a few days and then sprayed a thin coat of finish on it. Makes me feel like it's more protected.

Love it! I haven't put this out yet. I will tonight and see what the response is.

I was going to put my painted rocks on it...but then its hidden. So I'm not using the rocks on this plate, but I already have another idea :)
These were two other pics I did. I found nice frames at Goodwill for $2 each. Mats and all ;)

Suggested materials for this project:

• Roberta Banks
      Roberta Banks Canada

Beautiful!

• KatAych
        KatAych Alameda, CA

What a great idea!!! My daughter bought me some of those adult coloring books, too! Don't you find them therapeutic?? I just read an article the other day that it unleashes creativity...You did a beautiful job!!! You should display that somewhere prominent!!!!