Lisa Battisti
Lisa Battisti
  • Johns Island, SC

Adult Coloring Book Turned Beautiful Plate!

My daughter brought me all these coloring books...so I decided to color.
Step 1 - Pick out a design
Step 1 - Pick out a design

I like the rounded ones. This way you can do more with them. I found clear glass plates (with a few scratches) at the thrift store for $.20 each.
I used markers
I used markers

You can also use colored pencils. The markers did run a little, but not too bad. Can you really notice?
adult coloring book turned beautiful plate, crafts, decoupage

I put a thin layer on the back of the plate. Then I stuck on the design. Once secure, I painted a layer on the paper.
Probably wouldn't use points again
Probably wouldn't use points again

The points on design were hard to keep down. Just kept using more MP.
I was bummed that there were some bubbles. I kept trying to flatten, but didn't want to rip the paper. I did poke a small pinhole in the big bubbles and tried to flatten. Not sure if that really did anything. Came back after it dried and it was completely flat!! Whoo hoo!! I put 2 coats on the back.

I let sit for a few days and then sprayed a thin coat of finish on it. Makes me feel like it's more protected.

Love it! I haven't put this out yet. I will tonight and see what the response is.

I was going to put my painted rocks on it...but then its hidden. So I'm not using the rocks on this plate, but I already have another idea :)
These were two other pics I did. I found nice frames at Goodwill for $2 each. Mats and all ;)

• Beth

I love the painted rocks very much. What kind of paint do you use for this ???

• Gail Porter Friend

We LOVE painting rocks together! It actually feels cathartic & bonding time with my 20 year old daughters! Life is good🌸

• How do you wash this? Is there something you could put on it to seal it so it is washable?

• Anne Marie Verbeke

I did this years aho with a really pretty tissue paper full of antique roses I couldn't throw away. Tore them loose with a ragged edge. Then I m.p. Them in place. After they were dry I lightly spray painted the back with metallic gold paint. It covered in the spots here and there then sealed it. Turned out beautiful and I use it for cookies .

• Laura Schwebke-Brenton

When you say back of plate, you mean the surface you'd normally eat on ? Would be cool to hang in a window or sit on window sill.

• Patricia Brown

Greeting cards... great idea!

• Lisa Battisti

We actually did a bunch of greeting cards for terminally ill children in the hospital. We wanted all the bright colors to make them smile.

• Patty Lowman-Sebastian

I also color but I never thought of putting them on glass. Thank you so much for this idea I love ❤️❤️it
    Also what is the purpose for your rocks?

• Lisa Battisti

I’m sorry I missed this question. I paint rocks and hide in the neighborhoods for people to find. We have a Facebook page. Johns Island, SC Rocks