DIY Rotating Supply Organizer

Office, School, and Craft Organization.
diy rotating supply organizer, craft rooms, crafts, home office, how to, organizing, storage ideas
Hello everyone! What can you make with two cake pans, some marbles, paper towel rolls, and some spray paint? You can make this "DIY Rotating Supply Organizer" to organize all your supplies. I made this organizer to organize all of my kiddos' supplies for when they are doing homework or want to create some master pieces. I also made one for myself to organize all my office and craft supplies. What makes this organizer even better is the fact that it rotates so you can easily find all the supplies you need.
To make this organizer be a rotating organizer you will need two cake pans and a bag of marbles. I got the cake pans at Wal-mart for .88 cents each and the marbles at Dollar Tree.
Pour the bag of marbles into one cake pan.
Then place the second cake pan on top of the marbles. The top cake pan can now rotate in circles because it rolls on the marbles. I found this idea of the rotating cake pan on Alejandra.tv's youtube channel.
I cut the paper towel and tissue paper rolls to the different sizes I wanted and then arrange them in the cake pan how I wanted them. Once I arrange them the way I liked them, I staple them together.
After I stapled them together I took the whole toilet paper and tissue paper rolls out of the cake pan and spray paint them a light blue color. Once the paint was dry, I put the rolls back into the cake pan but this time I glued the rolls to the bottom of the cake pan.
The last step was to fill the organizer with all the supplies. I LOVE this organizer and you can use it for so many things and in so many rooms. With it being a rotating organizer, it can be put in the middle of a table or on a shelf and you can still get to whatever supply you need. Also this organizer was so cheap to make as well.

Maria Daniels-Marquez

• Mrs4921813

I have a large metel tray from ikea....I thought if I bought another one, your idea would be good on a dining table...for salt,pepper sauces ect. what do you think?

• Donna

Gravity has a strange hold on everything in my house - EVERYTHING will fly off a table or counter at some point and end up on the floor. Very odd. Is there a way to seal this so the marbles can't get loose?

• Donna

I never thought of squeezing the pans - I might try that! I also like your idea of the toilet paper tubes and flowers. I've been saving tubes for a long time just waiting for a use!

• Julie Hiroto

Is there an optimum number of marbles, that is, do you need to cover the cake pan with marbles, or will it work just as well with the amount of marbles shown in the photo?

• Juana Galolo Galarion

i would like to do this. It’s another way of recycling those paper towel tubes. Thanks for sharing this nice idea.

• Bonnie

Really like this idea! I will make one to hold toiletries and make up brushes, etc. Thanks! 😄😄😄👍🏻